Innovative Hybrid IP Radio with Licensed Professional Radio Mode for Local and Nationwide Communications
Icom Incorporated (Headquarters: Hirano, Osaka, Japan/President: Tokuzo Inoue) will release the IP730D/IP740D*, Hybrid IP radio that can provide nationwide coverage over LTE networks and conventional VHF/UHF professional radio mode (IDAS™ digital/Analog mode).
* IP730D: LTE + VHF, IP740D: LTE + UHF
In addition to the features of a conventional radio that can simultaneously contact a large number of people with one communication, LTE radios are rapidly being introduced regardless of the type of industry due to the wide coverage area over incumbent LTE networks and minimal interference. While LTE networks are increasing their presence as a standard means of communication in society, there is still the need to avoid interruption or downtime in professional use cases even when LTE network trouble occurs.
A hybrid IP radio like the IP730D/IP740D provides assurance in reliable communications with its dual mode functions of LTE and conventional professional radio. The radio mode is supported by Icom’s long proven IDAS™ digital/analog mode.
- Hybrid IP radio that combines an LTE radio and a conventional professional radio (IDAS™ digital/analog mode)
- Dual mode operation for simultaneously receiving/transmitting in LTE and conventional professional radio modes
- Bridge function relays received IDAS™ audio to the LTE radio group, while transferring the LTE radio conversations to the IDAS™ group
- Built-in Bluetooth® wireless technology
- IP67 dust-tight and waterproof specifications that can be used even in environments exposed to rain or dust
- GPS function that can display the location information of the terminal on a PC map software or browser (LTE mode only)
- UHF wideband coverage (350 - 470 MHz and 400 – 520 MHz)
- Adding the RoIP gateway VE-PG4 (option) to expand the communication area and link with other/existing communication equipment within the system
Icom, Icom Inc. and the Icom logo are registered trademarks of Icom Incorporated (Japan) in Japan, the United States, the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Spain, Russia, Australia, New Zealand, and/or other countries. The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered trademark owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by Icom Inc. is under license.