- “Personal Data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
- “Laws or ordinances” means the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and laws of related countries.
- “Processing” means any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organization, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
3. Processing of Personal Data
- Icom will process following personal data.
1. Personal Data that we receive from you.
The above data may include information such as your name,address, phone number, birthday, e-mail address, amateur radio call sign, login ID and password, payment information such as bank information, driver's license, government issued identification number such as passport (in case such is required by laws or ordinances), pictures and signatures, information on employment.
2. Personal Data generated when you receive our services.
- Icom will not process any sensitive personal data such as racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, health information, except as stipulated by laws or ordinances.
- In the provision of customer satisfaction, Icom may inform you of information related to our products and services by e-mail or mailing etc. If you wish to suspend the receipt of e-mails from Icom, we will take measures to stop delivery promptly after notification of such a request.
- Icom uses “Google Analytics” to understand the usage situation of the homepage on this site. Icom also use “cookies” provided by Google Analytics, but we do not collect any information to identify individuals through Google Analytics.
Please be aware that Icom is not responsible for damage caused by using Google Analytics services.
4. The Purposes of Processing
We process personal data for the following purposes:
- Member registration of our services, confirmation of the identity necessary for the provision of services;
- Provision of information about our products and services by e-mail or mailing, questionnaire survey;
- Grasp and analyze status of use by product buying history, browsing history of our website, etc.;
- Affairs such as application at administrative organization;
- Security retention, communication and report in case of security issues;
- Audio and video recording for crime prevention;
- Answering to your inquiry;
- Recruiting activity;
- Answering to inquiry of administrative organization.
5. The Legal Basis for Processing
Icom may process personal data in the following cases:
- Based on your consent;
- For entering into, or performance of, a contract;
- For compliance with our legal obligation;
- When processing is necessary to pursue our legitimate interests;
- When Icom determines that it is necessary to pursue legitimate interests of a third person/party who are required to disclose personal data.
6. Your Rights
- You have the right to receive an explanation and request disclosure about your personal data processed by Icom. In addition, you have the right to request correction for incomplete or incorrect data, and delete your own personal data possessed by us.
- You have the right to raise objections about data processing by us. Icom is subjected to the limitation of processing extent if you raise any objections, we will be able to continuously process personal data only to the extent permitted by laws or ordinances.
- You have the right to withdraw consent about the personal data processing any time if the processing is based on your consent.
- If you enforce the rights set forth above, Icom will respond promptly and in accordance with laws or ordinances and our internal regulations only in cases in which we can confirm that you are the identical person or agent having a legitimate right.
- In addition to the above rights you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority about our personal data processing.
7. Proper Management
- For access to databases etc. related to personal data, Icom strictly limits access to only those employees who have access rights and strictly manage all access to information so that it will not be illegally used, even within the company.
- Personal data can only be used by Icom, and when disclosing statistical results processed into a form that cannot be specified by an individual, except in cases where it is based on laws or ordinances permit. Icom will never transfer such information to a third person/party excluding subsidiaries, unless express permission is obtained.
8. Compliance with Laws and Other Norms
Icom complies with the laws or ordinances concerning personal data, the guidelines established by administrative organizations, trade associations, etc., and we strictly observe the matters specified in our "Compliance Regulations (internal regulations of our company)".
9. Education · Communication
Icom will conduct education related to personal data protection, in-house public relations activities, etc. to make employees aware of and improve their awareness of such.
10. Continuous Improvement
Icom will respond appropriately to changes in the circumstances surrounding personal data and regularly review the matters specified in our internal regulations and make all reasonable efforts to continuously improve.
11. Contact information
Personal Information Management Section
FAX : (81) 6 6793 5305
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org