- Optional Accessories
- Support / Download
Lightweight & Compact Body
The ID-51E has a compact 58×105.4×26.4 mm body, and weighs only 255g (approx.) with battery pack and antenna. In this slim body, the ID-51E contains 5W output power, VHF/UHF dual band, D-STAR and integrated GPS receiver.
V/V, U/U, V/U Dualwatch
The dualwatch function monitors VHF/VHF, UHF/UHF and VHF/UHF bands simultaneously.* The audio and squelch levels can be set separately for the main and sub-bands.
* DV/DV, AM/AM, FM-N/FM-N and DV/FM-N modes dualwatch not available.
D-STAR DV Mode (Digital Voice + Data)
The D-STAR (Digital Smart Technology for Amateur Radio) DV mode is the leading amateur radio digital format.
DR (D-STAR Repeater) Mode Operation
The DR (D-STAR repeater) mode operation allows you to connect to D-STAR repeaters and users more effortlessly. In this mode, just two simple steps are needed.
DV and FM Repeater Search Function
The repeater search function searches for nearby analogue FM repeaters as well as DV repeaters using the repeater memories and the integrated GPS*.
* To use the repeater search function, the position data of the repeater is required.
Independent AM/FM Receiver
FM and AM broadcast stations can be listened to while using the dualwatch function for monitoring ham bands. When a ham band signal is received, the broadcast station is automatically muted.
Voice Memory Function*
The QSO recorder function records incoming and outgoing calls. The voice recorder function can record an off-line conversation. The recorded voice message can be transmitted repeatedly. (Up to 60 seconds × 1 channel)
* microSD card required.
microSD Card Slot
When used with a microSD card (Up to 32GB), the microSD card can store various contents including voice memory, DV auto reply message, TX voice message, QSO log, RX history log and GPS log data. Memory channels, D-STAR repeater memories and other personal settings can be saved to the microSD card and can be loaded to the ID-51E transceiver.
The SPEECH function announces the received call sign (DV Mode), operating frequency, and/or mode. (Depends on users settings.)
Integrated GPS Receiver
The integrated GPS receiver provides fast start-up time and accurate position. Your current position and altitude are shown on the display and offers a position reporting function in DV mode. The GPS-A mode assists in easy D-PRS operation.
Automatic Reply Function (DV Mode)
When receiving a call addressed to your call sign, the ID-51E can automatically reply your current position information*. Between ID-51E's communication, replied position information can pop up on the caller's display.
* Function not available on all D-STAR networks.
GPS Log Function*
The GPS log function logs your position information at regular intervals (1 second–60 seconds, depending on the setting) and memorizes this in the microSD card to export to your PC. The GPS logger only mode turns on the GPS logger function with the radio in sleep mode.
* microSD card required.
IPX7 Waterproof Construction
The ID-51E has superior IPX7 waterproof protection(1m depth of water for 30 minutes). It can be used in harsh outdoor environments, when hiking, mountain biking, touring and mountain sports.
Menu-Driven User Interface
The directional keypad and quick menu button help you with quick and intuitive access to many settings and speeds up the operation. The large full dot-matrix display with easy-to-read characters increases the amount of information.
RS-MS1A, Free Download Android™ Application
The RS-MS1A allows you to connect your Android™ device to the ID-51E*. You can see the location of repeater sites on a map application and set them to the ID-51E. Text messages and pictures can be sent and received with your Android™ device.
*The optional OPC-2350LU data cable is required to connect to an Android™ device.
- Send and receive pictures
- Send and receive text messaging
- Set transceiver’s DR functions from the RS-MS1A or a map application
- See the location of repeater sites or other D-PRS stations on a map application
- View and export received history of the transceiver
- View detailed data in the transceiver’s Repeater list
- Import and export the Repeater list and the Callsign list from/to the transceiver
*Please check the system requirements at the Google Play™ RS-MS1A page before installing the application.
DV Fast Data Mode*
By using data in place of voice frames, the ID-51E transfers data 3.5 times faster (3480 bps) than in the conventional DV mode (with voice). Pictures taken by an Android™ device can be quickly transmitted in the DV Fast Data mode.
* The DV Fast Data mode is not compatible with the DV mode low-speed data communication.
Additional Dplus Reflector Link Commands
Dplus reflector link commands are added to the DR function to allow easy multiple
repeater connection through the reflector.
5 W Output Power
Using a highly-effcient PA amplifier, the ID-51E generates 5W of RF output power from this compact body.
Long Lasting Battery Pack
The supplied BP-271 provides up to 4.5 hours* of operating time, and the optional large capacity battery pack, BP-272 provides up to 7.5 hours*.
* Typical operation with 1:1:8 duty cycle in DV mode. (Power save ON.)
Direct Rapid Charging
Recharge the ID-51E by plugging the supplied wall charger directly in the radio. The BP-271 can be charged in 3 hours (approx.) when the power is OFF.
- Enhanced D-PRS functions: receiving only Base/Object/Item/Weather formats
- Altitude data added to the GPS memories
- Callsign, repeater list and GPS memory import and export in the CSV format
- GPS position data can be sent simultaneously with the serial data communication
- CI-V level converter for remote radio control
- CI-V commands can be sent through DATA connector
- CI-V commands added such as GPS TX mode, DV data TX and GPS ON/OFF settings
- Total 1,304 memory channels including 750 repeater memories
- External DC power jack
- Squelch release function to monitor a weak signal
- Priority watch
- 16 DTMF memory channels (24 digits)
- Analog FM mode with CTCSS/DTCS code squelch
- 1750Hz tone signal
- Auto power off
- Key lock function
- Auto power save
- Clock function
- Earphone code antenna for FM broadcast
- LCD and keypad backlighting
- VHF air band and other utility communication can be listened to*
* See specifications page for receiver range details.
|Frequency coverage||Europe version :
TX : 144–146, 430–440*
RX : (A) 144–146, 430–440
(B) 144–146, 430–440
Broadcast : 0.52-1.71, 76.0-108.0
(W×H×D; Proj. not included)
|170 g; 6 oz (without battery),
255 g; 8.99 oz (with BP-271 & antenna)
(at 7.4V DC)
|5 W, 2.5 W, 1.0 W, 0.5 W, 0.1 W
(High, Mid, Low2, Low1, S-low)
|Sensitivity||DV (at 1% BER) :
VHF (Amateur band) Less than 0.28 μV
UHF (Amateur band) Less than 0.28 μV
FM, FM-N (at 12 dB SINAD) :
VHF (Amateur band) Less than 0.18 μV
UHF (Amateur band) Less than 0.18 μV
137–174 MHz* Less than 0.32 μV
380–479 MHz* Less than 0.32 μV
(* Excludes amateur band)
WFM (at 12 dB SINAD) :
76.0–81.9 MHz Less than 3.2 μV
82.0–108.0 MHz Less than 1.8 μV
AM (at 10 dB S/N) :
0.52–0.995 MHz Less than 3.2 μV
1.00–1.71 MHz Less than 1.8 μV
108.00–136.995 MHz Less than 1.8 μV
All stated specifications are subject to change without notice or obligation.
- • Battery pack, BP-271
- • Wall charger, BC-167SD
- • Antenna, FA-S270C
- • Belt clip, MB-127
- • Programming software, CS-51PLUS2
- • Hand strap
POWER SUPPLY CABLES
Catalogs / Brochures
Instruction Manual / Guides
|About the UDP Hole Punch function||ID-51A (PLUS2)/ID-51E (PLUS2) /ID-31A PLUS/ID-31E PLUS/ID-4100A/ID-4100E/IC-9700|
|Instruction manual for Advanced instructions||ID-51A/ID-51E|
|Firmware update information||ID-51A/ID-51E (50th Anniversary/PLUS/PLUS2)|
|Basic Manual||ID-51A/ID-51E (PLUS2)|
|Advanced Manual||ID-51A/ID-51E (PLUS2)|
|About the DV Gateway function||ID-51A/ID-51E (PLUS2)|
|Basic Manual (German/Spanish/French/Italian)||ID-51E (PLUS2)|
|DOC (DECLARATION OF CONFORMITY)||ID-51E PLUS2|
|DICHIARAZIONE DI CONFORMITA UE (ITALIANO)||ID-51E PLUS2|