・Covers the 1.8 MHz to 50 MHz bands
30 m, 98.4 ft or longer antenna: 1.8 – 54 MHz, 7 m, 23 ft or longer antenna: 3.5 – 54 MHz
* Depending on operating conditions or environments, the tuner may not be able to tune the antenna.
・SO-239 antenna connector for 50 Ω antenna such as dipole or Yagi
・“Terminal connector”, binding post socket adapter supplied for a long wire antenna
・2-way power sources using alkaline batteries or external 13.8 V DC*
* 13.8 V DC should be taken directly from an external power supply, not through the IC-705.
・IP54 dust-protection and water resistance construction*
* The connectors should be covered with an adhesive tape or a jack cover to prevent water seeping into the connection.
・Full automatic tuning, just push the [TUNER] button on the IC-705
・Latching relays used for saving power consumption
・190 × 105 × 40 mm; 7.5 × 4.1 × 1.6 in, 450 g; 15.8 oz* compact design
* Battery cells are not included.
SWR examples for a 7 m (23 ft) long wire antenna
SWR examples for a 50 MHz Yagi antenna (2-elements)
Introduction for Icom AH-705 Automatic Antenna Tuner
|Tunable frequency range||1.8 – 54 MHz (with a 30 m, 98.4 ft or longer wire antenna)
3.5 – 54 MHz (with a 7 m, 23 ft or longer wire antenna)
|Maximum input power||10 W|
|Input impedance||50 Ω|
|Power requirement for tuning||5 W, 10 W|
|Tuning time (approximate)||Average: 2 – 3 seconds
Maximum: 15 seconds
|Power supply requirement||Battery: 3.0 V DC (LR6 (AA) alkaline × 2 cells)
DC Input: 13.8 V DC (±15%)
|Current drain||Less than 300 mA (at tuning)
Less than 1 mA (stand-by)
|Electric polarity||Negative ground|
|Operating temperature range||–10°C to +60°C, 14°F to +140°F|
|Tuning accuracy||Less than 1: 2.0 VSWR
(except λ/2 of antenna length and its multiples)
|Number of tuned memories||45 memories|
|Dimensions (W × H × D) (projections not included)||190 × 105 × 40 mm; 7.5 × 4.1 × 1.6 in|
|Weight (approximate)||450 g, 15.8 oz (battery cells are not included)|
Applicable IP Rating
|Ingress Protection Standard|
|IP rating||IP54 (Dust-protection and water resistant)|
All stated specifications are subject to change without notice or obligation.
- Coaxial cable (2 m, 6.6 ft, BNC connectors, between AH-705 and IC-705)
- Control cable (2 m, 6.6 ft, between AH-705 and IC-705)
- Terminal connector, PL-259 to binding post socket adapter for a long wire antenna*
- Mounting bracket (with a screw and washer)
- DC plug
* PL-259 plug is supplied for Europe version, instead of Terminal connector.