Icom Inc. releases the Satellite PTT Transceiver IC-SAT100M for stable mobile and inbuilding use
Icom Incorporated (Headquarters: Hirano, Osaka, Japan/President: Masataka Harima) will release the Satellite PTT Transceiver IC-SAT100M, with which the antenna unit can be mounted on rooftops to make satellite communications possible from inside a building or a vhiecle.
Icom’s Satellite PTT uses the Iridium® satellite network for one-to-many concurrent global communications* with only a push of the PTT (transmit) button. By mounting the antenna unit outdoors such as on the roof of a building, satellite communications from indoors, a car or underground is possible where no satellite signals can reach directly. As ordinary LAN cable is used to connect between the antenna unit and main unit and is powered by PoE (Power Over Ethernet). System installation could not be easier.
The main unit of the transceiver is slim and compact and the supplied multi-function microphone allows for flexible main unit installation. It accepts either a 12 V or 24 V DC power source. Installation in a large vehicle with 24 V DC is possible. Like its hand portable cousin IC-SAT100, it has Bluetooth® function for hands free operation, is dustproof and waterproof, voice record/playback, loud audio output, short data message and AES 256bit encryption are all available.
Satellite communication with the IC-SAT100M is less susceptible to natural disasters or climate, making it a reliable emergency communications tool for rescue activities, and maintains communications between remote areas and on the sea. Icom Inc. will engage in sales promotion for various type of users like governments and corporations who require dependable BCP (business continuity plan) solutions.
- Low latency, concurrent one-to-many communications via the Iridium® Satellite system
- By having the antenna unit outside a structure, stable satellite communication is possible
- Easy installation by LAN cable between the antenna and main unit and PoE power supply
- Dustproof and waterproof (Antenna unit: IP67, Main unit: IP55, Multifunction mic: IP54)
- Input voltage 12 V DC or 24 V DC
- Bluetooth® connectivity, voice record/playback, 1500 mW AF output, short data message and encryption
* Subscription contracts are required for using the IC-SAT100M. Depending on the country or region, carrying and/or use of the IC-SAT100M may be prohibited.
Icom, Icom Inc. and Icom logo are registered trademarks of Icom Incorporated (Japan) in Japan, the United States, the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Spain, Russia, Australia, New Zealand and/or other countries. Iridium and the Iridium connected logo are trademarks and registered trademarks of Iridium Satellite LLC. The Bluetooth® word mark
and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by Icom Inc. is under license. All other products or brands are registered trademarks or trademarks of their respective holders.