Icom Inc. Releases IC-A16/IC-A16E, 8.33/25 kHz Ground to Air Radio with Class Leading 1500 mW Powerful Audio
Icom Inc. (Headquarters: Hirano, Osaka, Japan/President: Masataka Harima) releases the IC-A16/IC-A16E, VHF air band transceiver.
The IC-A16/IC-A16E is designed for airside ground crews who provide aviation service. The 1500 mW loud audio provides clear communication even in a noisy airport environment. Its compact body is also waterproof, dustproof, and comes with a 17 hours*2 of long lasting battery. Convenient hands-free operation is available with a third-party wireless Bluetooth® headset (Bluetooth® operation depends on the transceiver version).
- 8.33 kHz and 25 kHz channel spacing
- 1500 mW loud audio provides clear communications
- 6 W (PEP) /1.8 W (carrier) RF output power
- Built-in Bluetooth® for hands-free operation*3
- Large capacity battery pack provides 17 hours*2 of long battery life
- Compact, waterproof durable body (IP67/54 and MIL-STD-810-G)
- LCD and key backlight for night time operation
- Compatible*4 with third-party aviation headsets
*1 Photo shows IC-A16.
*2 With BP-280. Typical operation with TX : RX : Standby = 5:5:90. (Bluetooth OFF, backlight OFF)
*3 Bluetooth® operation depends on the transceiver version.
*4 Optional headset adapter OPC-2401 required.