700 mW loud audio
The IC-T70A uses a BTL (bridge-tied load) amplifier that doubles the audio output. The 36 mm large speaker delivers 700 mW of loud and intelligible audio* even in noisy environments.
* Using with internal speaker.
Long lasting battery life
Get 5 W of power on VHF and UHF in a small, lightweight package. The BP-264 Ni-MH battery offers over 10 hours of power on a single charge*. The optional, even lighter BP-265 Li- Ion battery pushes operation to 13.5 hours*. And an optional AA alkaline battery case is ideal for long storage or quick back-up.
* Typical operation. 5:5:90 duty cycle with auto power save ON.
External DC power jack
An external DC power jack allows for operation and charge when used with an external DC power supply (10-16 V DC).*
* The BP-265 cannot be charged using the external DC power jack.
A total of 302 memory channels
With 302 alphanumeric memory channels, including 50 band edges and 2 call channels, the IC-T70A gives you flexible scanning lists. With a maximum of 26 memory banks*, you can pick and choose the desired banks for scanning from the 250 memories.
* Up to 100 channels per bank.
CTCSS and DTCS tone codes provide quiet stand-by and allow you to use tone-access repeaters. Pocket beep alerts you when a matching tone frequency is received. Tone scan detects the subaudible tone that is used for repeater access.
Internal VOX function
The IC-T70A has an internal VOX (Voice Operated Transmit) function for convenient hands-free operation when used with a compatible optional headset and plug adapter cable. Also, the VOX level and VOX delay time are adjustable.
IP54 and MIL-STD-810 rugged construction
Dust protection and water-resistance equivalent to IP54 provides reliable operation for practical outdoor operation. The IC-T70A tested to and passed MIL-STD-810 environmental tests.
- WX channel and WX alert function (USA version only)
- Power save function
- SMA type antenna connector
- Automatic repeater function (USA version only)
- 1750 Hz tone for European repeater access
- TOT (time out timer) setting
- Repeater lockout and busy channel lockout
- PC programmable with optional CS-T70
- Transceiver-to-transceiver cloning (Optional)
- Direct keypad frequency entry
- 16 DTMF autodial memories
- Auto power off
- LCD backlight
- Wide/narrow channel spacing
|Frequency coverage||U.S.A. version :
Tx : 144–148, 420–450 MHz*1
Rx : 136–174, 400–479 MHz*1
(W×H×D; Proj. not included)
|380 g; 13.4 oz
with antenna and BP-264
|Output power||High : 5.0 W typ.
Mid : 2.5 W typ.
Low : 0.5 W typ.
(at 12 dB SINAD)
|0.18 µV typical
*1 Guaranteed range, 144–148, 440–450 MHz.
All stated specifications are subject to change without notice or obligation.
- Li-Ion battery, BP-265 or Battery case, BP-263*
- Antenna, FA-S270C
- Belt clip, MB-124
- Hand strap
- Rapid charger, BC-193*
- AC adapter, BC-123SA*
(* Depending on version)
* For BP-264.
The AD-120 charger adapters are supplied with the BC-197, depending on the version