Recommended Cleaning Guidelines for Icom Radios and Accessories
In response to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, Icom is providing recommended cleaning guidelines for Icom radios and accessories.
- Turn off the radio to avoid heat generation or a malfunction.
- Apply over-the-counter isopropyl alcohol, with a concentration of 70% to 80% diluted with water, on a soft, dry cloth and gently wipe down the surfaces of the product.
- a. Do not apply or spray the solution directly on the product, or soak it in the solution.
- b. Avoid wiping the antenna or the transparent acrylic plate of the display as much as possible since rubbing alcohol can damage resin parts.
- Make sure that the product batteries are sufficiently dry before using or charging them.
Do not use bleach or detergents, even if diluted. It may cause damage or deterioration.
- We recommend disinfecting your hands before and after using the product.
- We do not guarantee compatibility with all rubbing alcohols. We recommend that you first try it on an inconspicuous part of the product.
- Carefully read the precautions for rubbing alcohol before using it.
- In the unlikely event that the product is damaged, or malfunctions due to rubbing alcohol, the cost of repairs or replacement of parts may be borne by the customer.
<Regular Care (Dirt Removal)>
Wipe the product off with a soft, dry cloth. If it is extremely dirty, wipe it with a soft cloth moistened with water.
Never use detergent or organic solvents (thinner, benzine, and so on). It may cause damage, paint peeling, or deterioration.