Just select the destination repeater in "To" and a nearby repeater in "From", and you are ready to call other D-STAR stations. Minimum action required with the simple user interface and DR (D-STAR Repeater) function.
Worldwide Digital Communication Wherever You Are
Terminal and Access Point modes enhance the access to D-Star's worldwide network. Communicate long-distance regardless of your location or repeater location.
Share Pictures and Text Messages
Pictures and text messages on an Android™ device can be transmitted over D-STAR network using the RS-MS1A application. Data can be sent quicker in the DV Fast Data mode.
IPX7 Waterproof, Compact, Lightweight and Tough
With Icom's pioneering IPX7 waterproofing and pro-grade construction, the ID-31A PLUS is perfect for your shack or playing in harsh outdoor environments.
D-STAR DV Mode (Digital Voice + Data)
The D-STAR (Digital Smart Technologies for Amateur Radio) DV mode is the world's leading amateur radio digital format. The ID-31A PLUS makes D-STAR calls with digital clarity through a worldwide connected repeater network, or over an Internet gateway, as well as conventional FM calls.
DV/FM Repeater Search Function
The DV/FM near repeater search function assists you in accessing nearby repeaters, even in areas you are visiting for the first time. This function searches for nearby repeaters using the repeater memories with GPS position information.
*To use the near repeater search function, the exact position data of the repeater is required. The ID-31A PLUS will be shipped with D-STAR repeater memories preprogrammed, but the position data of some D-STAR repeaters may not be entered or exact.
Integrated GPS Receiver
Shows your current location and altitude on the display, and offers location reporting and automatic reply functions in the DV mode. GPS log can be saved in a microSD card.
Access Point Mode
The Access Point mode enables another D-STAR transceiver to make D-STAR gateway calls through a ID-31A PLUS connected to the Internet.
By connecting the ID-31A PLUS to the Internet through a Windows® PC or Android™ device, the Terminal mode enables you to use a D-STAR repeater to make D-STAR gateway calls.
Note for the Terminal mode and Access point mode
- Before operating in the Terminal mode or the Access Point mode, BE SURE to check your local regulations or laws.
- An optional free download software, RS-MS3W is required to be installed in a PC. An optional free download application, RS-MS3A is required to be installed in the Android™ device.
- You need an Internet connection with an IPv4 Global IP address. If you use a cellular system, you need an IPv4 Global IP address assigned to your Windows® or Android™ device.
- When operating in the Access Point mode, you need two call signs. One for the Access Point transceiver and one for the Remote D-STAR transceiver.
- For the Access point or Terminal mode operation, you must register your MY and Access point call signs with a Gateway repeater/server that has the RS-RP3C installed.
UDP Hole Punch function
The UDP Hole Punch function enables Access Point mode or Terminal mode communication (limited function), even if you cannot forward port 40000, or a Global IP address is not assigned to your device. This function is convenient when you are using a free Wi-Fi hotspot.
- RS-MS3W/RS-MS3A version 1.30 or later is required.
- You can communicate with individual stations, or stations that are listening to a repeater, whichever you set in “TO.” Once your transmit signal passes through a punched port, a reply (receive) signal can pass back through the port.
- You cannot hear calls from stations that initiate a call to you.
- See the RS-MS3W or RS-MS3A instruction manuals for precautions and setting details.
- All functions of the RS-MS1A are usable
- Voice Recorder function
- Transmit and repeat voice memory (60 sec. × 1 memory.)
- 200 GPS memory channels (including altitude data)
- CI-V commands added, such as the GPS TX mode, DV data TX and GPS ON/OFF settings
- GPS transmitting mode and low-speed data communication can be used at the same time (DV mode)
- GPS data output
- Call sign, repeater list and GPS memory import and export in the CSV format
- Enhanced D-PRS functions
- Skip settings for scanning
- Direct transmission of DTMF code
- 5 W maximum output power and five selectable transmit power levels
- A total of 1302 memory channels, including 750 D-STAR repeater memories
- Speech function announces frequency, mode and call sign
- microSD card slot
- Compact UHF antenna supplied
(#15, 25, 35)
|TX: 430.000–450.000 MHz*1
RX: 400.000–479.000 MHz*1
(#17, 27, 37)
(#18, 28, 38)
TX/RX: 400.000–479.000 MHz*2
TX: 430.000–440.000 MHz,
RX: 400.000–479.000 MHz*2
|Type of emission||F2D, F3E, F7W|
|Number of memory channels||1302 channels
(including 500 regular channels,
750 D-STAR repeater,
50 program scan edges and 2 call)
|Operating temperature range||-20°C to + 60°C; -4°F to + 140°F|
|Frequency stability||±2.5 ppm
(-20°C to + 60°C on the basis of 25°C)
|Antenna impedance||50 Ω (SMA)|
|Power supply requirements||7.4 V DC (with BP-271/BP-272),
5.5 V DC (with BP-273)
10.0–16.0 V DC (External DC power)
|Current drain||TX High||Less than 2.5 A|
|RX||Internal SP (16 Ω):
Less than 450 mA (DV),
Less than 350 mA (FM, FM-N)
External SP (8 Ω):
Less than 300 mA (DV),
Less than 200 mA (FM, FM-N)
(W×H×D projections not included)
|Weight (approximately)||220 g; 7.8 oz
(including BP-271 and antenna)
Guaranteed range: *1 440.000–450.000 MHz, *2 430.000–440.000 MHz.
|Modulation system||DV||GMSK reactance modulation|
|FM, FM-N||FM reactance modulation|
(at 7.4 V DC)
|5 W, 2.5 W, 1 W, 0.5 W, 0.1 W
(High, Mid, Low2, Low1, S-low)
|Spurious emissions||Less than -60 dBc (High, Mid),
Less than -13 dBm (Low2, Low1, S-low)
|Max. frequency deviation||±5.0 kHz (FM), ±2.5 kHz (FM-N)|
|Intermediate frequency||46.35 MHz (1st), 450 kHz (2nd)|
|Sensitivity||DV||Less than -11 dBμ (at BER 1%)|
|FM, FM-N||Less than -15 dBμ (at 12 dB SINAD)|
|Squelch sensitivity||Less than -15 dBμ (Threshold)|
|Selectivity||More than 55 dB (FM),
More than 50 dB (DV, FM-N)
|Spurious rejection||More than 60 dB|
|Audio output power||Internal SP||More than 400 mW
(16 Ω load at 10% distortion)
|External SP||More than 200 mW
(8 Ω load at 10% distortion)
All stated specifications are subject to change without notice or obligation.
- FA-S70B antenna
- BC-167S battery charger*
- BP-271 rechargeable Li-ion battery pack
- MB-127 belt clip
- Hand strap
* Depending on the transceiver version.
Catalogs / Brochures
Instruction Manual / Guides
|BASIC MANUAL||ID-31A PLUS/ID-31E PLUS|
|About the DV Gateway function||ID-31A PLUS/ID-31E PLUS|
|ADVANCED MANUAL||ID-31A PLUS/ID-31E PLUS|
|Remote Control function||ID-31A PLUS/ID-31E PLUS|
|Firmware update information||ID-31A PLUS/ID-31E PLUS|
|About the UDP Hole Punch function||ID-51A (PLUS2)/ID-51E (PLUS2) /ID-31A PLUS/ID-31E PLUS/ID-4100A/ID-4100E/IC-9700|
Firmware / Software
|Type||Model Name||Version||Last Update|
|Cloning software||CS-31PLUS||Revision 1.00||2017.12.04|
|Repeater list, GPS data, and Setting data||ID-31A PLUS||Version 20170825||2017.12.15|
|Repeater list, GPS data, and Setting data||ID-31A PLUS (EXP)||Version 20170825||2017.12.15|
|Firmware||ID-31A PLUS, ID-31E PLUS||Release E4||2020.01.31|